Saturday, March 29, 2008

Synopsis of How I Found Out I Had Cancer! Saturday, March 29, 2008


Hi,

If you haven't heard already here is my big news. I have Breast cancer. Not everyone jump up in joy at once. J/K
Well I wanted to start this blog to keep everyone up to date on whats going on with my boob ( I call it the bad boob). =)
Let me start with a little background.


3/12 - I found out that I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer) in my right breast. Grade 2 or 3. I don't know what stage yet.
Here is a link if you want more info
http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/idc.jsp

3/20 - I meet with the group of doctor that will be helping me beat this! I think I have 9 people feel me up that day. WOW that brought me back to my single days. lol
They told me that they want to do a lumpectomy & remove my nipple & lymph node dissection. That was a scary day!

3/24 - I had a MRI and it looks like I have 3 lumps in one ductal. Here is a picture what a duct is
http://www.breastcancer.org/illustrations/i0013.html
I did find out great news. My left boob is cancer free..

3/27 - I had an
ultrasound to look for a new little lump they found in the MRI. Its only 7 mm. My biggest lump it 1.5 cm. The doctor couldn't see the little lump very good and I guess they want to a biopsy on it. So 4/2 they are going to do a MRI biopsy.

I heard they might do my Surgery on 4/16 but I don't want to wait that long!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I read all through your blog. I can relate. So glad to see your "on the other side". I had surgery and now waiting to start chemo. Hope you pray for me, I will pray for you:)
lisalorenzo.typepad.com